Veneers Care Tips
- Wipe Veneered Furniture with dry clothon daily basis.
- Wipe the cloth on furniture in direction of the wood grain.
- Clean the Veneer surface with a damp cloth. Then wipe it with a dry cloth immediately.
- Avoid using soapy or detergent waterfor cleaning veneer surface as this can damage the polish of veneer. The veneer polish may start losing its shine in long run.
- In domestic purpose use a quality wood cleaner instead.
Avoid Stains on Veneer
Veneers even after getting polished, have a tendency to stain. Stains develop only if tea, coffee or any other colour food spills/drops on veneer surface. To avoid staining, the spilled drink or food shall be cleaned immediately.
Domestic veneers like on dining tables needs a lot of care. Like use coasters for glasses and tea-coffee mugs, rest glass bowls on felt pads and use protective pads under vessels with rubber cushioning.
It’s a misconception that people have – veneers are not to be used for rooms where continuous AC is expected. Veneers are not affected by cold, but yes it gets affected if exposed to direct sunlight. The polish gets affected in long run. It may occur that either the polish starts yellowing or the veneer colour starts fading. In fact direct sun to any natural surface will cause damage.